Workum Internship Summer 2022
Jewish Federation of Cincinnati Planning & Allocations Intern
The Planning & Allocations intern has an exciting role to play within the Jewish Federation and Cincinnati Jewish community. The Planning & Allocations process encompasses 65 volunteers in evaluating almost 40 Jewish communal programs. These programs assist the most vulnerable members of our community as well as providing a space for Jewish identity and engagement. There are three Planning & Allocations councils: Caring, Connecting, and Discovering, and the Planning & Allocations Intern will work closely with all three councils throughout the summer. Additionally, this summer provides a great opportunity for the P&A intern because we will be using the findings of the 2019 Cincinnati Jewish Community Study as we plan for our Cincinnati 2030 strategic plan.
In the role of Planning and Allocations Intern, this individual will:
- Work closely with Community Building Associate to coordinate council site visits to local agencies, organize council meetings, and prepare for the site visits and council meetings.
- Attend site visits and holistically evaluate many of the 38 Federation allocated programs.
- Participate in strategic conversations surrounding communal priorities and initiatives for the Cincinnati 2030 Strategic Plan.
- Manage multiple projects such as research reports, process and outcome evaluations, and community planning
- Evaluation, Strategic Thinking, Problem-Solving
- Community Planning
- Budgeting & Fiscal Management
This role is a meaningful way to benefit the Jewish community through gainnig a more nuanced understanding of the community, engaging with dedicated volunteers and professionals and making a significant impact in making the Jewish community a better and more inclusive place.
About the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati
The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati is an umbrella organization that coordinates and fundraises for the Jewish community – over 50 programs and agencies all together, including globally and in Israel. The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati runs an annual campaign; provides leadership development opportunities; administers planning and allocations; operates an Israel Center (Israeli emissaries and programs); and houses SAFE Cincinnati and JCRC.
Mission: The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati develops and connects leaders, contributors, organizations, and ideas to build an inclusive Jewish community that helps people in need, supports Israel, and assures a vibrant Jewish future.