Workum Internship Summer 2023
Jewish Federation of Cincinnati - Community Building Intern
The Community Building Intern will have the opportunity to support activities and initiatives in Planning & Allocations, Israel & Overseas programs, Chaverim M'Israel program, upcoming Mission to Israel, and the Cincy Journeys grant program.
- Help plan and execute meetings and fun events, including marketing, setup, note-taking, and follow-up
- Review P&A grant applications
- Research information and create reports on various topics
- Attend agency site visits and possibly camps; develop follow-up PowerPoint presentations
- Draft constituent communications to agencies and volunteers
- Respond to community members; questions; direct them to the correct resources
- Judaic Studies
- Nonprofit Studies
- Social Services/Social Work
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills; detail oriented
- Self-starter and resourceful problem solver
- Ability to work both independently and under supervision, collaborative team player
- Creative thinker
- Ability to engage and talk to new people; relationship builder
This opportunity is especially suited for a student who would like to have broad vs. focused exposure to nonprofit work and would appeal to an individual who has a strong connection to camp and/or Israel.
About The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati
The Jewish Federation of Cincinnati is the backbone organization that catalyzes our community in common purpose to build a flourishing, diverse Jewish community for future generations. The Community Building department is focused on long-term planning for our Jewish community, allocating funding to our agencies, and working collaboratively with our community to build Jewish identity and connection to Israel.